This leash is made from very high quality parts. The fact they are modular and can be replaced is a huge plus. One problem is the locking carabiner has a bump. In climbing it’s where the rope would run, but since this is a non-climbing biner I’m not sure why it’s present. This bump does not fit well through our dog’s Ruffwear harness attachment point. I’m planning to shave it off with a Dremmel. Other than that I’m very happy with this purchase and would recommend!
I recently got an Australian Shepard puppy named Milo and have been using the leash with him for a few weeks now here are my pros and cons of the leash so far.
- Really well made. This leash is one of the better leashes I've ever owned. Super durable, yet fairly light.
- I love the carabiner and the metal ball barring. Not only does it fit in in the ruff wear harness loop (which is was concerned about) it is also a great deterrer from Milo chewing on the leash. I have used it on both the front loop and the back loop of the harness and when he tries to chew the leach he can't. For a puppy that wants to put everything in his mouth this is perfect.
- The carabiner is also not a traditional carabiner and actually has been designed to not slide on the loop. Who ever thought of this is a genius. It allows the carabiner to always been in the right position and not slid around. Love it.
- The carabiner makes it a little heavy for the puppy (12lbs). He'll grow into the leash so not really a con more of just a note.
- It's a little bulky when packed in a backpack. This is double edge sword since the quality of the rope is great so this is kind've to be expected.
Overall, this might be the best leash I've ever purchased. Next I would love if they made a running leach with the same tech that I could easily strap around my waste while I run. Fingers crossed for more innovation from this awesome company!
I wanted something a bit different and a bit longer than the typical leash one sees everyday and this fits the bill! Very well constructed to boot!
My only criticism would be the leash loop. Wish it was a bit more narrow. The opening could be a bit smaller for a better grip.
Got this sturdy and stylish leash for our puppo. We take this lucky girl on a lot of adventures and needed a leash to step up to the action. The Mammut Crag Leash has already taken a beating in creeks, lakes, forests and the beach without a problem. THANKS TUENNE!